Friday, September 11, 2009

Distracting week...

So it's been a while since I posted last.

Initially my excuse was that my Sister and Mum where here. They spent their last 2.5 days with us, and it was a lovely, relaxed time. They helped me out with little t, and on the Friday we caught up with an old friend on my Sister's. I then drove them off to the airport on Saturday (5 hour return trip...) and collapsed on the Saturday.

Since then I've been looking after little t up until today;

Monday I did GymBabes, which is like Tumble Tots for babies. It seemed ok, but not really appropriate for babies that can't crawl yet. I hope that little t will be crawling within 4 weeks, but until then I think I'll give it a miss.

Tuesday I caught up with pretty much all the NCT babies (and their Mum's) at a babytalk just outside Cambridge. It was a really nice event, and was good to see how all the other kids are going, and also meet some other new Mums. I was a little disappointed by the shocked reaction to me turning up. Fair enough if I didn't have a baby in tow, but really >:(

Wednesday I went to another babytalk just down the road, which had a lot of new people because it was the beginning of the new term. It was alright, but I guess it's a littlle harder to become friends with a 'man' :)

After that I went and got little t weighed, and suffice to say he ain't quite so little anymore - he put on 0.5 kilos, to reach a massive 14 lbs 10 oz - which is still pretty small for a 6.75 month old baby. 98% of babies are bigger than him at this age, but at least it's not 99.86 which it was 2 weeks ago.

So I guess you're not surprised that he's called 'little t' :)

Yesterday I just went out shopping (3rd time in 3 days I went to Sainsbury's) because the rest of the day was really hard. Tallin was tired all day, but just wouldn't go down easily. I don't give him his soother anymore, and I hardly prepare him for his nap now. Maybe a song and then into the Ambi. This worked relatively fine all the other days, but not yesterday.

We were both moody and tired by the end of the day, so big S didn't have much fun when she got home!

Today is my day off, so I am finally writing some entries in this, and am about to start my day off activities - read all about them over at 'DynamOS', I'm sure it will be of interest to pretty much nobody...

No comments:

Post a Comment