Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome to a brand new day!

Things have worked out such that I have the wonderful opportunity to spend the next 6 months with my son, little t. I'm still employed, but my employer (thoughtworks.com) has let me have the time off because they're basically a great bunch of people. Big S, my wife, has gone back to work today so this is it.

Me at home with the little one.

I've just put him down for his second nap of the day, hoping that I'll get a good 45 minutes of Dad time. Suppose I should do the washing and such, but hey, I've only just started and I have to let you all know what's going on, right?

Ordinarily I would hope to have left the house for a walk or something like that by now, but I'm just taking one step at a time, and Tallin was threatening to do a poo, which is not something I want to deal with in public just yet.

We've only recently started him on formula (made it to 6 months just breastmilk! Big S's awesome!), and even more recently on solids, so his poos are changing quite a bit - and he's not liking it one little bit. The little straining face is very cute though - I have to stop myself laughing at the poor little mite.

After this sleep I think I'll go for a quick walk, and then it's lunch at 12:30 or so. Little t managed to discover 'razzing' at the same time as we introduced solids - he loves to razz it all over the table! Big S is concerned that he's not learning to feed, but I figure it's just a case of giving him time. It doesn't all go down his front!

A quick note on what I'm doing - basically it's me at home with little t Monday to Thursday, then it's Big S's go on Friday while I nerd it out, and then family time on the weekend. If you're interested in what I'm nerding out on, I'm sure to have a link available sometime soon.

I'm hoping that, since I don't have to commute for 6 months, I'll have a chance to start doing some kickboxing/judo in the evenings again.

(footloose is playing in the background - thanks Dwayne!)

Anyway, enough for today. I'll try to be relatively regular with this thang, but don't expect excellent english or nuffin, I haven't really written long form english an about 17 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment