Wednesday, September 2, 2009

first, erm, whoopsi

We had a lovely day yesterday, going for a nice walk and eating some baby rice. Sleep went ok too, and my evening sojourn was delayed so I got to spend time with Sharon.

Felt amazingly tired given I'd done very little indeed (did get laundry and washing up done).

This morning I slept in (which means I played with little t until he got tired, put him to bed, and then fell asleep myself). When we finally got up t wasn't hungry, so I waited a little bit, but when he saw the bottle he almost lost it! So excited.

Anyhoo, I gave said bottle to said little t and he drank down 3 ounces. That's it, 3 ounces. I knew something was wrong, and when I smelt the milk, I knew what it was - the milk was off! I had mixed two lots of breast milk together, and I guess one of them was bad - and I didn't check.

So I changed him into clothes he could dirty and carefully played with him (and had a shower and put the dishes away). Finally he had a tiny spew, so then I fed him a further 4 ounces of formula and tried to put him to bad.

Fortunately this little mistake hasn't been too bad, but I will definitely be checking the milk before giving it to him from now on!

My sister and my Mum are due back from their little trip today (in minutes really) so it will be nice for them to catch up with little t. They go back to Oz in 3 days, which sux, but there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment