Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Distractions

Related to grumpiness is my distraction level - high! I've been reading my book more than I should, I've been playing a game more than I should, and not interacting with little t enough.

I've twice got either the feed schedule or the sleep schedule wrong because I wasn't concentrating on things and didn't attend to little t as I should (don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving him crying in the corner, but might not feed him until he cries out for food)

It doesn't help that I'm having so much trouble getting him to sleep, even though his crying and red eyes and yawning all indicate that is exactly what he wants. I come to doubt my ability to tell when he's tired, and then get angry at myself for not being able to get him to sleep.

I guess that's the thing about being stuck at home all day with no one but a baby to talk to, one gets caught up in it all and gets things all out of proportion.

While he's not being neglected, I do want to interact 'socially' with him a lot. Boys start off behind on that footing, and I know that as a boy myself I might hinder his social development.

No comments:

Post a Comment